Thursday 7 August 2008

Day 8 Nantwich to Leominster. Fantastic

Day 8 Nantwich to Leominster.
Fantastic morning and beautiful weather. Felt like a proper English summer day. Sometimi happened after lunch and I felt really tired. It started raining again and I was really struggling. May have been not enough food or drink. Cyclists call it 'bonking' and it's not very nice. I tried to grind out a few more miles and managed 90 before finding a hotel. Plan is to eat and sleep as much as possible. I've done 800 miles and Should only have 230 left according to the schedule. However, there are footnotes to the route that say milage may differ as the notes have evolved over time. I reckon I have 312 left. This has almost certainly messed up my plan to do it in 10 days. 11 looks more likely unless I can figure out some shortcuts or ride further than I ever have on two consecutive days. We'll see. To help things I think I have 2 cold and the palms of my hands have lost all feeling. All good fun though.
Ironbridge-18th century iron bridge (sorry, no other pics today)

No comments: