Sunday 3 August 2008

Day 4 Brechin to Kinross Felt really str

Day 4 Brechin to Kinross
Felt really strong today. The sun was out and after yesterday I was really enjoying myself again. The hills were present as always but nowhere near as bad. It started raining in the afternoon. Really raining. Proper 100 mile an hour vertical jets rebounding a foot back into the air off the road. Hid in a bus shelter and luckily it faded after 30 mins.
All ok thereafter and I felt good for an extra few miles. Edinburgh was in the way though and so had to stop as few campsites about and, with the festival on, little chance of a room. The last campsite before E was Kinross but when I got there it turned out to be a bit on the frightening side. All dilapidated static caravans and no people at all. I headed in to town and scored a really nice room with clean towels and tv and tea and biscuits and everything! I got a bit overexcited about the luxury and the girl that showed me to the room obviously thought I was a nutter. I've spent most ot the 400 and a bit miles I've ridden thinking about eating curry. The Kinross Raj Mahal got me even more excited. I'd be surprised if they'll ever let me back after I nearly choked on my onion bhaji and coughed it half way across the room.
99.93 miles Tis 6h52m Av 14.5mph Hairdresser's window in Firth.

No comments: