Saturday 9 August 2008

Day 10 Wookie Hold to Oakhampton Really

Day 10 Wookie Hold to Oakhampton
Really bad.
It started raining as soon as I got up and I was soaked through and cold by the time I had packed up the tent. Took some short cuts to save some time but the rain and wind got worse and worse as I went on. It got a bit frightening at times because the wind was blowing me across the road and it was hard to see with all the rain. Eventually I had to give up as I was worried that the busy Devonshire weekend traffic couldn't see me even with ties dog lights on. Yet more nice old ladies insisted on refusing payment for my lasagne at lunchtime which was the only good part of the day. Hotel's nice though too I suppose. Big day tomorrow if I'm going to finish.
Miles 85
TIS 6h15m
Av 13.6 mph
Sorry no pics

No comments: